Tuesday, February 2, 2021

DEXA Scan - A real look at my obesity, a cry for help [27F/242 lb/49.8% BF]

Well, they say the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, and my weight is a problem. It's been a problem since I was just a child in elementary school, but over time, I've become too comfortable with it. I've tried to lose weight in the past, sometimes it's been successful, but most times not. I have been trying to change my lifestyle in the past month and have been working out at least 4x a week and tracking my calories, but every day I weigh myself, I still am not happy. I'm trying to create a more solid plan for my weight loss, as I feel myself in this rut where my weight has been quite stagnant the past few weeks despite all of my work.

For those interested, I decided to do a DEXA scan to get a baseline of where I am. And wow, I knew I wasn't the picture of health but wow now I see it on paper. My poor skeleton! Excited to join this community on my journey to weight loss. I plan to work with a dietician to figure out what my weight loss plan should include, hopefully they will use this report to give me results catered to my current state. I will schedule another DEXA scan in May to see how I've progressed.

DEXA Scan Results

Body Pictures

Hope this is interesting to anyone interested what a DEXA scan of someone in the Obese category looks like. If you all have any suggestions or first steps I should take, I am all ears.

submitted by /u/fekkai
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oIRUuS

No comments:

Post a Comment