Monday, February 15, 2021

How it’s going after six weeks

F28, 5’0, SW 168, CW 163, GW 126

So as of today I’ve been at this for six weeks, and so far I’ve lost 5lbs. I was a little disappointed when I weighed in this morning, until I started listing the positives:

  • Drinking 2 litres of water a day was hard six weeks ago, and now I can’t go a day without it. My body has adjusted, I feel more alert and my skin looks great.

  • My sugar addiction seems to have been well and truly broken! There’s still a craving after dinner but it’s so much weaker and I can easily ignore it. I’m sleeping much better and my body actually recognises genuine hunger now.

  • February is a busy month, with my partner’s birthday, my birthday and Valentine’s Day all in the space of two weeks. This weekend, I had two days full of cake and takeaway. But I didn’t feel guilty this morning - I just got up, forgave myself, chugged my water and got right back to the healthy stuff. The absence of guilt is so new to me, but I love it!

  • I mostly can’t see where the weight has come off me, but I can see it in my cheeks? They’re already a lot less puffy!

  • I once joined a slimming club that would always ask ‘what went wrong?’ if you gained a pound or didn’t lose anything one week. But this sub has taught me a lot about water weight and hormones, and how much they can fluctuate. I’m due my period any day now and it always brings water retention, so I’m optimistic for a loss next week - and not worried about the stalling of last week. Nothing went ‘wrong’ - it’s just my body functioning properly!

  • I’ve enjoyed making healthy meals for myself and look forward to eating them. On tonight’s menu: salmon with garlic, rainbow carrots and a pea and mint mash. That’s a dinner I’m excited for and it’s great to eat what I want and not have to eat endless salads (I hate salad!!).

These are just some of my positives, and while I really would like the weight lost to be a little bit more, I’m not angry or guilty or upset with myself, and I know these are healthy changes I’m making for life. There is definitely a huge mental side to weight loss and I’ve found it really helpful to focus on what’s gone well, and it helps me to keep up the momentum.

submitted by /u/whosmilhouse
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bbfI5R

No comments:

Post a Comment