Monday, February 15, 2021

Weight/Fat Loss Sabotage?

Hi, everyone. It's my first time on r/loseit and I thought I would make my first post about the subject of sabotage when it comes to an individual's weight loss journey.

A little bit about me first. Last year in March, I was 22 years old, 5'8, and weighed at my heaviest of 191 pounds (87kg). I was not happy with this realization and took it upon myself to change that. I can proudly say that since I've changed my habits back last March, I managed to lose 41 pounds and I intend to keep that weight off. These new habits included daily walks of at least 10,000 steps a day, monitoring my calorie intake (Had some rough days, but continued what I was doing after), and a more structured gym routine where I monitor my progress every week.

This wasn't easy but I believe the consistency of the entire journey is what helped me.

During this journey, many people I know noticed my change. There were positive remarks, which was great, of course, but there were also a few that weren't quite the same. I got a few, "You didn't need to lose weight" or some quite insulting remarks about getting "Too skinny". I'm not a mind reader, but it seemed by some people's attitudes that they were taking my weight loss personally. Again, I don't want to assume but it did come across that way sometimes. Even family members of mine would ask when I was gonna go back to eating the way I used to, which defeats the purpose of my journey. And that question came up more than it should.

My question to anyone here who's going through their own journey or already has, have any of you experienced similar obstacles from people in your life?

Even though I got these remarks from friends/family, I kept going despite that.

I wish everyone here the best if they're currently on their own personal journey and I want to congratulate those who have succeeded with theirs. Thank you for taking the time to look at this post.

submitted by /u/lifesmanyadventures
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OvLWBd

No comments:

Post a Comment