Tuesday, February 16, 2021

I haven’t been the weight I’m at in 2 years!!

I have always struggled with my weight. After years of maintenance at my “happy weight”, I started a steady incline in 2019 and seemingly couldn’t get off the carousel of disordered eating and binge exercising. For most of 2020, I didn’t even get on the scale because I knew by the way I looked and by the way my clothes fit that I would see an ugly number that would “depress” or “discourage” me. I even knew then that this was toxic thinking, but in December 2020 I finally decided to face the music and get on the scale. The number was indeed depressing as I hadn’t reached that high a number (that I knew of) in probably 6 years. But now that I was armed with information, I could do something about it. I fluctuated a tad through the holidays, but I kept at it. I plateaued even for a couple weeks in mid January, but when I got on the scale today I realized I’m down 12 pounds since early December! I haven’t been this weight since August 2018, and I’m at the top of my “comfortable” range!! The top of it, but at least I’m within it again!!

I really thought something was wrong with me and that I was becoming this “old bag who couldn’t be a cute weight again”, but to see this number today has given me all new hope. Don’t give up on yourself, you have control over your weight loss! You just have to stay with it and stay on track. You have to make it your daily lifestyle. When you stay consistent, you’ll see results. I’m sorry for the cliches, I’m just thinking out loud to encourage anyone who is hesitant to start or re-start their journey out of fear they’ve “strayed too far”... you’ve never strayed too far to turn things around. And you can’t make changes until you recognize the gravity of the problem.

I’m celebrating today!

submitted by /u/BreakingGaga
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dq3qJX

No comments:

Post a Comment