Tuesday, February 16, 2021

100 days in and 70lbs down

M/32/6’ SW: 315 CW: 245 GW: 215

Well the past 100 days have been a quite the journey and I wanted to share my success with you.

I knew I wanted to make a change to my lifestyle and that my weight was getting out of control. I was eating and drinking everything in site, but I never expected to see over 300lbs when I stepped on the scale.

I immediately started a low carb high protein diet supplemented with exercise 3-4 times a week. At this point I wasn’t tracking my calories or my workouts, I just knew I was eating healthier food than McDonald’s and doing more than sitting on the couch.

The first 20 lbs came off pretty easy and I knew I had to get serious if I wanted to continue my weight loss. This is when I started tracking calories and work outs. I did a strict CICO low carb high protein diet and doubled my cardio to around 30-40 mins 5 days a week and lifting heavy 3 days a week.

The second 20 lbs came off easy for me with that routine. I’m at the lowest calorie intake I feel comfortable at so my next changes came in my exercise. For the past month/month and a half I upped my cardio to burn 800 calories (about and hour of work) 6 days a week and lift 5 days a week (3 days heavy and 2 days light).

I have kept that routine for the past 30lbs of weight loss. It has been a ton of work with its share of highs and lows. There have been days I can’t wait to start working out and days I have forced myself to workout with tears of frustration in my eyes. This has really tested me as a person and forced me to confront a lot of things about myself I don’t like and recognize a lot of things about myself I do like.

I don’t know if I can recommend my aggressive approach to weight loss to anyone, but I can tell anyone reading this that you can do it. Losing weight is tough as nails, but we’re tougher. Start today and get after it.

I’d be glad to answer any questions anyone may have, but as with all this stuff YMMV.

submitted by /u/Atr-88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3b9Fmbn

No comments:

Post a Comment