Wednesday, February 3, 2021

I’m finally doing it!

High weight: 280 lbs SW: 263 CW:199.6 GW: 180 (initial goal) 31F/ 5’6”

I wasn’t going to post but I can’t help myself. For the first time since middle school, I am below 200 pounds. I actually did it! I have 20 more pounds to my initial goal and probably 40-50 or so to my final goal but right now I’m just sitting here crying.

I’ve been overweight since I was a toddler. Both my parents were morbidly obese. I was a size 16/18 in middle school. I never knew what portion control was and just never had healthy habits. My parents didn’t like to cook so we ate a lot of fast food and prepackaged foods. I reached my highest weight in 2016 at age 26 when my mom died from COPD and other health issues at age 51. Between 2016 and 2019 I lost almost 20 pounds but I seemed unable to lose more.

Last April I got engaged! I realized that I wanted to have a baby more than anything. I couldn’t have a baby at 263 pounds. I also don’t want to die young like my mom. My blood pressure and cholesterol were both high. My back and knees hurt. I needed to get it together if I wanted to have a baby and a healthy life with my fiancé and family.

I started CICO and intermittent fasting (I fast 8 pm to 1 pm). At first, I didn’t change my eating at all just the amounts. Steadily over time I’ve paid attention to what I am eating - focusing on protein and vegetables. I haven’t cut all carbs because when I tried to I ended up binging on them. Instead, I eat 1 piece of bread or a small serving of rice instead of filling my plate with it. I started with 1700 calories a day, now I eat 1450. I also drink at least 1 gallon of water a day.

I also learned you can diet your way to weight loss without exercise. My exercise leaves much to be desired, honestly. My goal was to diet my way to under 200 and then start exercising. And now I really need to. I had COVID in august and my lung capacity is still building back up, but I’m able to run so I’ve been trying to ease into that a bit. I also need to do something to tighten up a little bit of loose skin - especially around my thighs and upper arms - so I’m buying some weights and a resistance band. Now that I’ve lost the lions share of the weight I needed to lose, I can exercise without pain!

My cholesterol is still not normal, but close. My BP is normal. My thyroid meds had to be lowered (I’ve been hypothyroid my whole life). My acne is largely gone.

I’m getting married in October and I’m confident I can reach and exceed my initial goal of 180 pounds by then, if not my final goal.

And I’m so damn proud of myself. I hope this post helps someone else. I know other posts like this really helped me!

submitted by /u/ash0117
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39MjyDj

No comments:

Post a Comment