Saturday, February 13, 2021

Is the hard muscle inside your limbs as far as you can get in weight loss? (do I have a chance in shrinking my calves?)

I feel like I'm gonna word this pretty weakly, but maybe someone will understand. My BMI is currently 23.3. I know that spot reduction is a myth, but my calves look like those of an obese person, while the rest of my body (including my thighs) looks pretty "normal".
Even when you're overweight, when you flex your arm, leg or stomach muscles and grab onto the said part, there is the "flab" and fat that you can hold onto, and then there's the defined, hard, muscly bit underneath it. Now, my question, perhaps silly and completely based off being uneducated on human anatomy and weight loss, is:

If I were to carry on with my weight loss and lose all the "flabby" parts, will the hard, muscly structures in my calves ever be able to change size?

I'm so sorry if I sound stupid. I have an unhealthy habbit of pulling the loose, fatty skin on my calf away from my sight, and then getting discouraged seeing that even if I lose that extra weight, the general look of my gross calves will not change, and they're still going to remain big, shapeless and cankled, because of what I feel under the skin.

Please help.

submitted by /u/Reoclassic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bj8LQD

No comments:

Post a Comment