Saturday, February 13, 2021

Finally on the right track?

I joined this subreddit in October 2017 and since then I have dipped in & out and enjoyed reading about other people's experiences. In 2018, I had some success with weight loss and dropped about 28lbs. 2019 was very up and down but overall I didn't really lose or gain.

2020 seems to have been very polarising. I've seen many people reach the best shape of their lives during lock down but I'd say there's equally as many, like me, who have grown more out of shape than ever.

Towards the end of the year, I started to tell myself the new year would bring renewed motivation and all would be well.

So far, 2021 has not measured up to expectations! At the start of this week, I was feeling very lost and low about things and I started to draft this post. Then I thought, let me check the subreddit and see what tips I can pick up before I submit any pathetic posts of desperation.

Wow what a great decision that was! On Wednesday, I started out on attempt #1001 to lose weight. What’s the plan this time? Well, it’s multi-layered in order to build up habits gradually and so as time goes on I might tweak things, but here’s how I see things going right now:

Starting point - along with already watching my fat intake due to having gallstones, I am now going to cut down my added sugar intake. My basic rules are only one instance of food with added sugar per day, such as a dessert after dinner, and anything with natural sugar such as fruit & anything under 10% sugar has no restrictions.

When I feel adjusted and ready to step things up, the next step will be to continue the above whilst also tracking my calories. My maintenance TDEE is currently 2113 so I will be aiming for between 1600 and 1900 each day.

Hopefully by Easter I will be in full swing with all of this, though the timings are flexible as long as I eventually reach my goal.

My next step will be to incorporate some exercise. Not to allow myself a higher calorie intake, but for general health reasons and to hopefully minimise any loose skin that may occur. I am not a gym-goer. I am waiting for milder weather and lighter evenings so that I can start taking a walk between work and dinner. Walking has so much scope for development - distance, speed & frequency can all be increased over time. I will compliment the walking with some body weight exercises at home, eventually building up to using weights to tone my body as much as it will allow. Being in my 40s, I am not expecting miracles, but I do feel like I can still reach my best shape ever and I am excited to see what my body is capable of!

Anyway, I am just writing this post as a record as I am really hoping this is my last start-over. I also want to say thank you to everyone who shared their own experiences and in this last week have made me regain hope that I can achieve my goals and encouraged me to restart my journey once more.

TL:DR - r/loseit is awesome and I hope to finally drop the excess weight for the last time.

submitted by /u/chelle2406
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37cd4eW

No comments:

Post a Comment