Wednesday, February 3, 2021

It’s getting easier!

29F 5’5” SW: 251 CW: 224 GW: 150

I’ve been obese for all of my adult life. I’ve dieted before with varying degrees of success, but I always ended up gaining everything I lost back and more.

But I really feel like this time is different. In December I went to the endocrinologist and he told me I was pre diabetic and that I needed to lose weight. My father and grandmother have/had diabetes and I do not want to go through what they have gone through. I also have high cholesterol. So my short term goal is to lose a good amount of weight before my next doctors appointment in mid March and get my insulin levels down. My longer term goal is to impress my primary care physician when I have my physical in September and get my cholesterol down. I think it helps accountability to have set dates to see doctors.

How I’m doing it this time is different though, and that’s why I’m hoping it will stick. On previous attempts I would count every calorie and it led to some really unhealthy behavior. I would try and get as low of a calorie count as I could (usually between 700 and 800 calories a day), while still eating mostly junk food, which obviously wasn’t sustainable, so I would just end up binging, getting discouraged, and gaining it all back.

I’m not counting calories directly this time. I stopped eating junk food. I just refuse to buy it anymore. For me it is much easier to not buy something than to resist it in the home. I also have all my groceries delivered so I don’t have to resist temptation at the store. My fridge is full of vegetables, meat, fruit and Greek yogurt, and that’s it. Each week at I’ll prep a bunch of meat that I can have for dinner for the week and I’ll steam a giant pile of vegetables to go with it. For lunch I’ll usually have a homemade vegetable soup. For breakfast I have one container of greek yogurt. If I get hungry during the day I’ll have a piece of fruit. I also had a bad habit of ordering delivery takeout, so I deleted all of my food apps. I have no option but to eat healthy or actually go out somewhere, which I have only done twice, because eating at home is now the easier option.

At first I was really hungry. I had a lot of cravings. But everyday it’s getting easier. I have found myself actually preferring the healthy options at home. When I see ads for food, I don’t really want it anymore, I’d prefer my chicken and broccoli. That’s why I really think it’s going to stick this time. I’m changing my lifestyle, not just focusing on a calorie number. Obviously, it is still CICO, all weight loss is, but I know myself and I know I’m not going to enter every gram into MFP for the rest of my life, so I need to do something that I can do for the rest of my life. I know I am still in the beginning and I have a long way to go, but I’m really hoping I can get healthy this time.

submitted by /u/losingitinthesun
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cDAUnG

No comments:

Post a Comment