Tuesday, February 16, 2021

I've done it, 50lbs down. 1/3 of the way there!

M24 6'3" [SW]: 427.6 [CW]: 376.9 [GW]: 280 (for now)

I had a doctors appointment on August 3rd, 2020. When I got there, I was dreading it. I knew they would want my weight at check in, and of course they did. I stepped on the scale and couldn't even look. It was 427.6lbs. The heaviest I have ever been (and I have always been a bigger boy, but this number freaked me the fuck out).

I expressed to my doctor that I was worried about my health, because on top of weight I was also really struggling with mental health and also mobility issues. It was hard to get around honestly, without having a hard time breathing or without needing to stop and hack shit up. (I had also quit vaping/smoking a few months prior to the doctors appointment, so I was still constantly coughing up shit from vaping/smoking basically all day for 7 years or so.

I also found out that day that I was considered pre-diabetic and they had me start checking my bloodsugar. It was high a lot of the time, but as I ate healthier and healthier it started getting to normal levels pretty consistently which feels great too. My doctor, at my last appointment in late October, said I needed to get the diabetic eye exam, so I did that and the eye doctor said I had beautiful eyes, no signs of diabetes at all. Not even any early warning signs. Phew!! Diabetes does run on my biodads side of the family so I have been genuinely worried about that.

When I expressed my concerns, my doctor also said she was concerned about it. She had me get an appointment with a nutritionist and that helped me understand stuff a bit, but honestly the majority of stuff I kind of knew, but didn't realize it. Recently I finally got a kitchen scale and honestly I don't know how I never used one before, because I can't go without it now. I weigh everything I eat. I enter it all into Carb Manager, alls good. I always felt like weight loss was this super difficult thing. It's so much easier now that I truly understand what my body needs/doesnt need. It's crazy how it clicked.

This is 50 pounds down, and 100 more to go (for now!!)

submitted by /u/unlistedartist000
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rXe7aB

No comments:

Post a Comment