Wednesday, February 3, 2021

My mom is unsupportive of my weight loss journey.

I’m 24, 5’3” and 275 lbs. I’ve always been overweight and each time I lose weight, more comes back. Nothing I’ve done has been sustainable over the years, from trying pills to dietitians so I’m considering weight loss surgery.

I tried to start the conversation with my mom and she gets immediately negative. Claims a family friend died from a botched lap band but still thinks negatively of the sleeve. Despite her telling me to lose weight, she is unwilling to entertain a real permanent solution, which is weird to me. I know she’s worried about the risk but my weight also comes with risks. She’s overweight too and always fails at attempting to lose so I don’t get the misunderstanding.

I still live with her so the solution isn’t as simple as shutting her out. From what I’ve read family members are initially unsupportive and come around but due to how she raised me my confidence gets crushed by disapproval. I set up a consultation and misled her by saying I was only looking at non-surgical weight loss. I hate having to sneak around like a teenager for my HEALTH but what the fuck else am I supposed to do?

submitted by /u/solveforxx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ayFjp8

No comments:

Post a Comment