Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Advice/support specifically for very short girls?

I am 5'0" and I am really struggling right now. My tdee is 1500 which means that in order to lose 1lb a week I would have to eat 1000 calories daily. At some point relatively soon in my weight loss journey that will go down to 900 calories a day.

There is a lot of rhetoric about how no one should go lower than 1200 a daily, but if I were to eat 1200 a day instead of 1000 that would be an extra 1400 calories a week which is 0.4 lbs. I would essentially be losing a little more than half a pound a week; a much slower weight loss progress than it seems like mostly everyone else. Some people can even lose 2 lbs a week safely. If we extrapolate to the time when I'm supposed to be eating 900 a day to lose 1lb/a week then by eating 1200 I'd be losing 0.4lbs a week instead of 0.6 at 1000 a day.

Exercise does not seem to help much. For one thing you're not supposed to eat back the calories that you burned. For another, being a short woman also makes it difficult to burn calories. The same activity for a tall man will burn a lot more calories whereas for me might burn only 200 or less after significant cardio.

I also feel like it's very mentally taxing to count 1200 or less than 1200 calories. If you're trying to count 1000 calories a day, you can only eat ~3 300 calorie meals a day. That means that when I cook I have to be very religious about counting everything - I find cooking to be very difficult because very, very few things add up to a meal that's around 300 calories. The portions are mostly vegetables with very very little oil and some very small amount of protein that isn't even as big as my hand.

You also can't have any cheat days. Say I were to have a cheat day; it completely obliterates the 0.4 lbs that I've lost that week with just one day. I have to stay on this very rigorous low calorie diet for a long time to see any results basically.

I'm wondering if the only way for me to lose weight and keep it off is to spend several years working on some very intensive weight training that i will then have to keep up for the rest of my life. This might be other people's cup of tea, but honestly the idea of spending 2 hours a day working out every day for the rest of my life doesn't sound appealing at all.

Just feeling very demotivated by the very, very slow progress and seemingly road blocks every where I turn.

submitted by /u/elaerna
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39JwidO

No comments:

Post a Comment