Monday, March 22, 2021

Don't Be Afraid of Rest

I just wanted to remind everyone here that it's okay to take a break. Normally at work, I walk 10KM per shift, 4 times a week. Now, I am tracking that through Apple Fitness so I am unsure how accurate that really is, to be fair. Outside of my 4 scheduled shifts, I usually go for a 5K walk to exercise and take a mental break - tracked by MapMyWalk so there is data to back that up. The weather is becoming nicer here in Canada and for me, there is nothing more peaceful than walking down quiet streets blasting Ice Cube in my ears.

For real though, I was a person that thought I always needed to move/exercise in order to lose weight. So I would work out/lift and exercise on days that I worked as well. On my one scheduled off-day from work and training, I would manage to go for a 5K walk as well. So my rest days (1 of 7 days) were turning into another day of full exercise and grinding.

Let me say that there is nothing wrong with that - if you want to go hard 7 days a week feel free. But for those that need to be reminded that a little rest and relaxation is okay, don't worry about that either. Your body needs rest and maintenance. I know, it can be addicting to keep moving and exercising once you see progress. If you feel fine, do it! But don't knock yourself for wanting to sit on the couch and relax once in a while.

I am typing this as a reminder to myself. I had a rest day today and I am itching to get back to working out and moving. I know my body will thank me for a little R&R, too.

It's cliche, but this weight loss journey is a marathon, baby. Keep working hard but don't forget to slow down and smell the roses once in a while ;).

submitted by /u/WheelsMcGee28
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lO3kxS

No comments:

Post a Comment