Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Don't beat yourself up too bad over "bites".

I've been struggling with weight loss my entire life. I constantly fell into rigorous calorie counting and would end up exasperated and bingeing soon enough.

I have lost pounds 13 pounds in a month by exercising daily and completely reframing my eating. As opposed to cutting everything I love out, I've substituted some of it (ie, halo top ice cream) and allowed myself a few bites of whatever I'm craving aside from an otherwise strict diet. I've realized that by adding a tiny layer of cream cheese to my carb/gluten free flatbread it wards off my craving for a grilled cheese at 12 AM. I don't count it, or I'll fall back into numerical obsession. Obviously, this may not work for everyone! I'm not saying I eat a bag of chips and don't count it, as that would be counterproductive. More so, if I had an MNM to cut my chocolate craving, I love myself enough to enjoy it guilt free!

I wanted to share since so many of us beat ourselves up over little things. This often culminates in a general, "why am I doing this?" and the vicious cycle repeats. I have never felt better about weight loss than I do now. I used to think avocados were the deal because they were so high in fat but now I'll make some guac and add it as a condiment instead of dressing. The pounds are flying off and more importantly I don't feel like everyday is a battle to not eat bad. Instead, a battle to eat almost entirely right.

Here's to achieving our goals!

submitted by /u/avidexplorer14
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dj0e15

No comments:

Post a Comment