Monday, March 22, 2021

Finally broke a 3 month plateau

I started my actually-successful weight loss journey about a year ago (March 31, 2020). I weighed in at 240lbs and successfully lost 40lbs by the end of August. The next 10lbs took from September to December, and on Christmas Eve I weighed in at exactly -50lbs. I was so, so proud of myself.

Over Christmas, I put back on about 3 pounds and was hovering between 193-194 and that number would NOT MOVE.

I found myself back in the mindset of "I can't actually lose weight", and all of my usual options of going through this sub or watching some of the supportive videos on YouTube weren't helping. I would be good for a few days, and after about 10 days, I would have lost a pound, and then binge and put it right back on. I am training for a half marathon so my exercise is excellent, but my stupid weight wouldn't change.

A friend of mine shared Dr. Jason Fung's talk on fasting as a therapeutic option for weight loss. I realized that when I was steadily losing weight last summer, I was doing OMAD without realizing it. I now do a mixture of OMAD and TMAD. My meals are large and heavily feature vegetables, homemade sauces, chicken and a small amount of carbs.

BOOM. After about two and a half weeks I weighed myself this morning and it came in at 186. I actually wept.

I was shocked that after everything I've learned I can still get into the "I can't actually lose weight" mentality. But I am so happy to have overcome it and that the weight is going down again. I am also now looking at the positives of the fact that while my weight would not decrease from 193-194, it also did not increase, so while I can still be susceptible to binges, they are nowhere near as large as they used to be.

submitted by /u/Artax_Namdeer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tLROWp

No comments:

Post a Comment