Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Follow up to "Amazes Me How Obsessed People are with Women's Weight"

Here is link: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/mandml/amazes_me_how_obsessed_people_are_with_womens/

First of all, WOW. Thank you all for the personal stories, insights, and advice. A lot of them helped me gain a new perspective on this. Some of them pissed me off but oh well.

Overall, I think we are ALL sensitive about our weight. We have so much pressure put on us to be thin, how could we not be self-conscious about it? After reading your all's thoughts and personal encounters with this crap, it made me realize that EVERYONE is judged by their appearance openly.

What can we do about this? Well, I think it is two-fold:

  1. Take every comment with a grain of salt. If it comes from a family member, those comments are always going to sting the worst. If it does come a family member, ask yourself "Is this someone I would hang out with if I wasn't forced to?" If no, then fuck them. If yes, then ask yourself "Does this person care about my health enough that they may be trying to bring up an uncomfortable topic in my best interest and may not know how to approach it?" If it is NOT family or close personal friend, most definitely take with a grain of salt. (Lately it has helped for me to think about all the people in my life whose opinions of me actually matter to me, and I always come up with only a few: husband, daughter, mom and dad, and my closest brother. That is literally it! Everyone else's opinion does not matter to me now.)
  2. Accepting the fact everyone out there is sensitive about their bodies, please stop commenting to people about how they look. The only time this is acceptable is if you are a) commenting on their choice of outfit for the day, b) their new haircut, or c) if you are in the process of courting/dating someone, comment the shit out of them about how gorgeous/handsome they look. Also, if you get married, DO NOT stop the compliment train about how attractive they are to you. I miss the days when my husband when tell me I am beautiful every single day. I too forget to tell him how handsome he is every day.

Lastly, IF someone brings up to you they are losing weight, THEN you can comment on how great they look and that you can tell they have lost weight. Do not bring it up first.

I will say that by me posting that yesterday, you all helped me realize I am far too sensitive about my weight. I am who I am, and I must say I am proud of myself for the weight loss going so great after just having my baby. Yes, I gained about 20-25lbs too much in my pregnancy, I will not make that mistake again on my next one! I do look great now, loose skin and all! Thank you all and much love from me to you.

submitted by /u/RollingStone94
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vSrsE4

No comments:

Post a Comment