Sunday, March 7, 2021

I need to change

Hi everyone,

Been a member of this sub for a while, I love reading stories of how far people have come on their weight loss journeys, every time I read them I think I really need to try, but after a few days I lose the motivation.

I’m 26 about 5”9 weighing in at 330lbs. I know, it’s really not good. I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life, in school I topped 16st but managed to lose it by basically hardly ever eating and exercising a lot, my motivation at the time was I was fed up of being bullied.

This is the biggest I have ever been, and I know it’s only a small amount of time now before I end up with a serious health condition (diabetes) because of it. A few years ago I tried keto, and was doing really well and then got pregnant, I had heard that losing weight during pregnancy wasn’t good so I went back on carbs. I still ended up losing weight during pregnancy, bad morning sickness. Once I had my little girl in May 2019 I’ve just piled on the lbs, then all these lockdowns too I’ve been working from home and hardly exercising at all.

I cannot stand the way I look now, and I know that even once I’ve lost all the weight I will have so much excess skin. I’m scared of how big I am, and scared of how gross I’ll still look when all the weight is gone.

I need to do this, I kept promising I would when I had my baby, and I just never properly tried. I don’t want her to ever end up like me, or even motherless when I eat myself into an early grave. My size has been impacting my relationship for years, my partner is loyal and loving he would never intentionally upset me, but I know he is so worried for me. To try and motivate me to lose weight he said I need to get down to 17st before we can start trying again, I was annoyed at first, but I get why, he knows how much I want a big family and that it should motivate me to lose weight. It did at first, but then again I just stopped. I have no excuses really, I’m ashamed of myself, when I really think about it I often cry so I guess I try to just push it out of my mind.

Any advice you can give me to stick with it is hugely appreciated. Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/Lz8448
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3rrptE9

No comments:

Post a Comment