Saturday, March 6, 2021

I need to set myself a calorie count, but my activity level varies wildly from day to day

This is my first time posting so bear with me on this. I'm a 24 FtM trans man who has been on T for two years but has seen little weight loss b/c of it, only fat redistribution. A few months back I started up a new diet and began keeping track of my steps and my heart rate as well as calories. I fell off the wagon a few weeks ago but even before then I found myself hitting a wall. I came down from 210 to 185 but couldn't get any lower than that. Considering I'm only 5'1, clearly I can do better.

I think the biggest issue is my calorie count. I was sticking to a general 2,300 but found after a while that on busy days I could only eat 3 meals instead of the 4 I normally need, whereas it was almost too many calories on not busy days.

For me, busy days means working a shift at both of my jobs. I wake up at 6am and clock in to the first at 7am, then switch at 1pm to the other job where I stay till after 9pm. I'm on my feet nearly the entire day, moving, sweating, and staying active (my step counter is usually between 15 and 20k on these days). I typically have a pre-prepared light breakfast like a protein shake or some eggs, a heavier lunch at the first job, then dinner at the second, and finally another light meal once I get home. The 2300 calorie count severely restricted what I could eat during these days, so I'd often skip one of the meals or eat something tiny, which often resulted in me feeling sick from hunger for hours. (Ever since I started T, being too hungry gives me awful acid reflux so I try to avoid it when I can)

Conversely, on days when I'm off, I still feel like I need to eat a ton but am not actually hungry enough to get the whole 2300 calories down. I'd often just snack lightly throughout the day, have dinner, and end up somewhere around 1800 calories.

Im not really sure where I can make a change to help me get over this 185 hump. Do I adjust my calories on days when I work doubles to allow for a 4th meal, then trim down on days off, or should I only aim for 3 meals and deal with the acid reflux? Is it okay to stagger my calorie counts daily or should I be aiming for something more steady?

Any advice is appreciated.

submitted by /u/scribes_jack
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O6RSRi

No comments:

Post a Comment