Wednesday, March 24, 2021

I want to feel confident in my senior photos

Hi everyone! My name is Lily, I'm 16, and a junior in high school. I'm 5'7 and about 190 right now.

This time last year, I failed myself. I've been overweight since middle school, and last January, I wanted to change that. I lost 20 pounds from about January to mid March, but then you know what hit. Like most of the US, I gained weight. I was at home 24/7 with the kitchen right there, and I stopped swimming and became sedentary. Throughout the last year, I gained it all, and more, back. I failed every single time I wanted to restart.

Not this time, though. This is the real deal. To motivate myself, I bought myself Blogilates 90 Day Journey journal. I hope, that since I spent $25 on it, I won't want to quit a couple days in. It is supposed to get here on March 31, so I can start on April 1 and then get three of them to last me (almost) through December.

April 1 is my start date (I'm still going to be doing calorie deficit for the next week). The only problem is that Easter and my birthday, respectively, are 4 and 5 days in. But just because there's going to be a lot of food doesn't mean I have to eat past satiety. Just because there will be ice cream doesn't mean I have to eat a giant bowl of it. My goal for these two days is to only eat to satiety-something that I have been struggling with due to binge eating.

I just want to feel confident in my senior photos. I know weight loss doesn't make you automatically confident, but I am also going to work on self love and confidence apart from weight loss. I want to lose about 30-40 pounds by my senior photos (September-October) and then 60 pounds total by (hopefully) December, although I understand it might take longer. My goals to reach this is to exercise daily, go on a walk daily, and eat in a calorie deficit. If I miss a day, I won't beat myself up, but remind myself that one day won't make or break my weight loss.

Thank you for reading my really ramble-y post and I can't wait to see what I look like in September!

submitted by /u/artemis-meowl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3riqP3c

No comments:

Post a Comment