Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Trying to motivate myself to exercise and eat healthy.

I struggled with my weight almost all my life. A few years ago I was at a good point in my life and had gained a lot of confidence, which allowed me to get outside and exercise without feeling ashamed of myself, leading to more weight loss and more confidence. I became the healthiest and happiest I had ever been.

But then my depression came back and I slowly gained it all back (and more) over the next couple of years.

I have been trying to lose weight again so I can be happier and I often use this time of my life as motivation, but it has not been working.

Over the last month though I have found a new unexpected source of motivation for myself. I realized that I am transgender and always have been but did not realize it until now. I started trying on some feminine clothes, and although I felt more like my true self and more comfortable, I was really not happy looking at myself in the mirror because of my weight.

This made me realize that if I want to be truly comfortable with myself I am going to need to make some changes. I want to look and feel like an athletic woman.

So I started eating a little healthier and giving myself 30 minutes of cardio every day. I have not noticed any weight change yet because it is still early, but I already feel happier. Soon my city will open up again (covid) and I can finally go back to playing sports again.

My current weight is 270 (5ft8) and I hope to be <200 within the next year.

submitted by /u/cracked_salty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PoDDaK

No comments:

Post a Comment