Wednesday, March 24, 2021

NSV - 5XL to M? (in 116 weeks) + Motivational thought

Between pandemic and weight loss, I've hit the point where I quite literally have almost no clothes...I have athletic gear (all size L) and that's about it...I literally have one pair of sweat pants that are my only functional pair of pants...

So I decided that with hopeful eye to dating and real life and such (post covid) I should like at least have enough stuff to manage until I could drag a fashionable friend to the mall and do a full rebuild of my wardrobe.

I ordered a casual button down shirt from uniqlo and it arrived yesterday. Size L. It's like three or four inches too big. So I sat there and was like "surely this is a mistake, I will bloat overnight and this size L will magically fit tomorrow"...so I just tried it on and, yep, it's still too big. So I am packing it up and sending it back and ordering a medium.

MEDIUM! LOL

Don't get me wrong, I still think and am fine with, large will be the norm...it's clear that this particular shirt or brand (I've never bought anything from uniqlo before so no idea) just happens to fit big...I am still a 180lb 5'8 dude who lifts and large is def the right size for me in Under Armour...but I am still chuffed, and a bit freaked out, that medium ANYTHING could be the legit right fit. At the start of this I thought you'd be insane to even suggest large was going to be the norm. I'd have taken 200lb XL in a flat second. And, as of this morning, I am a smidge away from being in the 170's.

So...motivational thought.

I ran into an acquaintance in the elevator the other day and she asked all the usual questions and when I told her about my pandemic training (really just more of the same from 2019) she was like "wow, that must be so hard"...and, later, I thought about it...we tend to think of two roads...weight loss (hard)...obesity (easy)....and the truth is that they are both hard...you just have to decide which "hard" is the path you are going to go down...like at 327.6 my life wasn't a cakewalk...I didn't wake up every day and go "wow, this is just so darn easy, I'd never want this to change"...my knees, back, Achilles hurt ALL THE TIME...dating was a nightmare...shopping was a nightmare...etc..etc...

So don't think that giving up is the easy route, you're just choosing a different kind of hard. It's all hard. You just gotta pick which hard is for you.

submitted by /u/thatguyalex2018
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31dz0Df

No comments:

Post a Comment