Thursday, March 4, 2021

I’ve found an easy route to weight loss

I needed to lose 20 pounds and started on January 1 with a plan that I’ve found remarkably easy, I thought I would share in case it helps others. So far I’ve lost 16 pounds so will hit my goal in the next few weeks.

  • I start the day with 2 low calorie protein shakes (200 calories in total with 3 pints of water), makes me feel full till 10am when I eat breakfast.

  • Breakfast is porridge oats which keeps me going till 1pm, coming in around 150 calories as I have a small portion with water

  • Lunch is a soup, a whole meal thin with butter and one square of dark chocolate, coming around 400 calories

  • I walk for 60 minutes as quickly as I can in the afternoon at some point, I get out of breath, my Apple Watch says I’m doing about 50 mins of exercise out of my total 60 mins walking, I have 2 pints of water when I get back

  • In the afternoon at some point I eat kefir as a snack which is good for my gut, I also have 2 pints of water and feel full (around 150 calories)

  • I eat dinner around 6pm and it’s made up of a big bag of kale or similar with a spicy sauce, jalapeños, peppers and what ever else looks like flavour, and I mix in some chopped small amounts chicken, fish or nut roast with the kale in a wok, so I have a huge portion, covers the whole plate of spicy, tasty greens with 2 pints of water with 1 square of dark chocolate (this is around 400 calories)

  • I gave up alcohol and found a low calorie, non alcohol beer I liked. Took me a while but I found Brooklyn which I really like and is less than 80 calories.

  • I do 30 mins of weights every other evening while watching the tv. I have a fold up weight bench and dumbbells, and I do a simple routine for my shoulders, chest, thighs and arms. Sorry I know I’m focusing on my mirror muscles!

  • Before bed I have a 1 scoop (100 calorie protein shake)

So I eat about 1500 to 1700 calories per day, the walking burns around 300 calories and the weights about the same. My fitness pal and my watch tells I’m in deficit by between 400 and 700 calories per day.

All the food is easy and quick to prepare, available at my local store (which I walk to every day to help with my steps), and at no point do I ever feel hungry. Clearly the water really helps with feeling full.

Downsides 1. I wake up to pee in the night! 2. I have had some constipation so have added a syrup of figs into my morning routine

Upsides 1. I’m nearly 50 and feel great, I’ve had to buy some new trousers and enjoy wearing clothes again.

I honestly believe my fitness pal recording everything I eat, my Apple Watch recording all my exercise and lots of water is the key to this.

Best of luck, I’ve wanted to do this for 2 decades and lock down has finally given me the time and motivation to do this.

submitted by /u/Sea_Mammoth_4506
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OtesTZ

No comments:

Post a Comment