Thursday, March 4, 2021

NSV I didn’t eat the whole pizza (in one sitting anyway).

TL;DR Thanks to OMAD I’ve taken control of my hunger/cravings and I can keep myself from eating a whole pizza in one sitting.

I love pizza. Lemme say that again. I LOVE pizza. It’s my favorite freakin food. And, once COVID hit, I was stuck in my house with a bunch of time on my hands and some savings left over (workplace closed cause of COVID and I was out of a job). I ate quite a few deep-dish/pan crust/extra cheese pizzas from Domino’s all by myself, in my room, in between my many hours of sedentary video game playing. And maybe I’d also order a multi-serving side of alfredo pasta too. Oh and some of those breaded chicken bites they got. Oh and I never forget the ranch dip. I went wild. And it was great for the first few months. COVID hit right in the middle of my final semester at college, and boy was I burnt out. I needed a break and the stay at home orders felt like a godsend! Just eating tasty fast food (like pizza) and playing videogames, all day long.

Until I clocked in at 260 lbs a month ago (I’m a 5’11” male). In 2018, when I was in the best shape and lowest weight of my life, I was at a muscular 170 lbs. That means, in 3 years, I have come to be 10 lbs short of being 100 lbs heavier than I was when I was in control of my weight and my health.

Well, I’ve been doing OMAD (One Meal A Day) for maybe 2 weeks now? eating at noon everyday. (That’s following several failed attempts of getting myself back on track with my weight.) And it SUCKED at first. Mad cravings towards the night, lots of glasses of water to combat said cravings. A cheat day somewhere in between. But I’ve been doing it. And slowly the evening cravings have gotten less intense. AND, I’m not binging on food for the one meal I do get to eat.

That’s where the pizza comes in. Finally ordered some Domino’s for the first time in forever. Guess what I got? Pan crust pepperoni and cheese pizza. Side of alfredo pasta. Ate all the pasta, it was only 600 cals. But the pizza.... man oh man what a good pizza. I can’t just let this all sit in the box. Just one more slice.......

NOPE. Ate 3 slices, closed the box, and put it in the fridge! That’s my meal for the day! And still under my TDEE calorie count. I’m honestly amazed and PROUD of myself for doing it. So many failures have lead to this, this simple decision that I consider to be a huge, crazy important victory for me. And best part of it all, I still got to eat the rest of the pizza. Ate the last few slices today, again within my calories. I just wanted to share this with y’all out of a combination of pride/excitement and also hoping that maybe in sharing my personal weight loss related trials and tribulations, someone who needs some inspiration can get it.

I’ll share some more stuff in the comments so this doesn’t get any longer than it already is but if you’ve come this far thanks for reading. This subreddit has been such a great network of support and if it was one of your posts I read in the past I thank you for sharing as well. Feel free to ask me Q’s in the comments if you want.

Man I could really go for some pizza right now.

submitted by /u/TyrannicalCannibal
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c25S6V

No comments:

Post a Comment