Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Lost roughly 40 pounds but still fat...

21F, 5’6, SW:224, CW: 185, GW:165

I’ve been losing weight since March of last year. Quarantine started my weight loss journey and really allowed me the time to think about healthy habits, what I wanted my future to look like, how I wanted to improve my Heath, etc.

But what no one told me about weight lost is that after you lose the weight, you still think you’re fat. Someone has to feel this way too. Everyone has told me how different I look, I see old photos and am literally shocked, and even my sister(if you have a sister you understand) told me I looked good. Yet I still find myself wearing XL sweaters, I avoid walking in narrow places because I think I won’t fit, several of my friends have mentioned how I talk about myself as if I still think I’m 224 pounds. College boys talk to me now, THEY FLIRT WITH ME. I HAVE BEEN ASKED ON DATES. Not that I need their validation, but I’m flabbergasted college boys find me attractive now. Also kind of sad because like it took losing weight for people to notice how awesome I am. It’s also weird because I’m not at my goal weight. I’m not considered healthy yet. Yes, I feel great and am content with how I look, but I’m still overweight.

I am aware I’ve lost weight. I know that I look better now. But sometimes, I really have to remind myself that I look different, that fat jokes are no longer appropriate for me to make, and that I’m not at my goal yet. Does anyone else struggle with this?

submitted by /u/Classyjess17
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/381XTW9

No comments:

Post a Comment