Tuesday, March 2, 2021

My Weight Loss Journey Turned Into Weight Gain?????

At the start of February I decided I would go healthy. Just to lose some extra pounds gained during COVID. For reference, I was 136 pounds when I started this, probably like 130/132 pre-covid.

I reduced my calorie intake to 1300-1400, and I make sure those calories stay on the healthy side. I started drinking 2 liters of water per day. I also started working out 6 days a week. I do that workout everyone loves on TikTok, but I do a 15 incline/3 speed/30 minutes on the treadmill. 1 day for recovery.

So I thought I was doing everything right, and then I weighed myself 2 weeks in, I had gained 5 pounds. Tried not to get discouraged, but week 3 at the same time of day... 6 pounds gained since Feb 1. And now, 4 weeks in, still 6 pounds heavier than I started on Feb 1.... The scale is saying I am 142 pounds when I started at 136.

Anyone else experience this? Everything online talks about "temporary weight gain" from water retention. I read the articles over and over to make myself feel better, but when will the gain go away?? Everyone says within 2-3 weeks, but here I am 4 weeks in and still with the weight gain! I started taking magnesium daily cause someone recommended that to drop water retention, but 4 days in, no change.

Am I crazy or is my body reacting the complete opposite of expected? I was better off before I started working out!

submitted by /u/jeg108
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qaBKeK

No comments:

Post a Comment