Friday, March 5, 2021

NSV: Feeling Positive and Resetting Expectations

Hi fellow losers,

It's been a long and weird journey getting here, but I just wanted to share my feelings about health and weightloss and hopefully some of you can relate.

I have no incredible weight loss to report, in fact, I've been hovering up and down for several weeks now, but for the first time in my life when trying to lose weight, I haven't given up and I haven't been discouraged. I've never stuck with a lifestyle change long enough to understand what it is I need to do to succeed, when things hadn't gone my way in the past, I'd just give up and double-down to find I'd gained another 10+ pounds a few months later.

I have lost weight before - 75lbs! But I lost it by eating almost nothing and allowing myself to fall into an incredible depression that made starving myself an appealing type of self-punishment.

For this and other reasons, obviously I gained it all back.

For over 2 months now, however, I've been on MFP and WW. I track most days, even on really bad days. I've had days where I don't track and weeks where I felt like giving up. I've gone from going on walks consistently to falling back into old sedentary habits, to walking consistently and then back again.

My point is, the process has been messy. It's been imperfect and inconstant. And yet, I've stuck to it.

Like a baby learning to walk, you have to crawl before you can run. I feel so good about just trying and failing and still fighting to get better at this everyday. Though my weight has gone up and down, I've maintained a 10lb loss overall from where I started, and as I get better and better at learning how to tailor my journey to my habits and goals, I can't wait to look back on this time with even more pride than I already feel now.

In my opinion, this is how you lose weight. Not by crash dieting and not by obsessively managing every aspect of your weight loss with overzealous perfectionism. You try. You fail. You try again.

submitted by /u/Shayzy93
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kOI76b

No comments:

Post a Comment