Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Please help! What are some reasons that weight fluctuates if you are in a calorie deficit?

Hello everyone,

I'm posting on here because I'm incredibly frustrated and don't want to stray away from my goals. I have lost 60 pounds since November through a pretty intense calorie deficit and becoming more active. My SW was 292 pounds and I'm down to 233 today. I'm a researcher and naturally very drawn to data and trends. I have been tracking my weight loss to make sure it's healthy and sustainable and also to make sure that what I'm doing is working. I watch my calorie intake and sodium intake because I know that seeing varying numbers frustrates me.

12 days ago I tested positive for COVID-19. I isolated in a hotel for 10 days through a program NYC has and was unable to leave the room, and had 3 meals a day provided to me. I ended up getting to my lowest weight during this stay, 231.6 pounds. I had a cheat meal the day before I left isolation, then got back to my apartment and immediately restarted my morning walks and cooking healthy meals. I noticed that the day after my cheat meal, I gained weight (which was expected.) The day after that, my weight went up again, even though I was chugging water and watching my sodium and calories. The next day my weight dropped a bit, and today, my weight again went up despite watching my calories and sodium.

I've been told that a possible reason this is happening is because I'm gaining back muscle mass after being bed ridden for 10 days, and also that weight fluctuations of 1-2 pounds are normal. Is that true? I know this may sound irrational to be thinking about so intensely, but I rely on trends and numbers to show me that what I'm doing is working. What may be the reason that my weight is fluctuating up and down 1-2 pounds daily? Is there any way to ensure that doesn't happen?

submitted by /u/Dry_Buddy_2553
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bMko2o

No comments:

Post a Comment