Thursday, March 4, 2021

This is why you take progress pics even when you don't want to

My stats: 26F, 5'6", SW: 230-ish, CW: 165. GW: 145-ish.

I have such an aversion to taking pictures of myself, especially when I'm missing some articles of clothing. Like...looking at my body?? No thank you, I would rather lick sandpaper. I've been on my weight loss journey for about two years now, and I didn't take ANY progress pictures in the beginning. The one I'm linking here is, I think, the only such photo I have from 2019 (and that's after I lost maybe 20 pounds just by getting my thyroid under control. Not my heaviest at all!!)

So, late 2019 --> now

https://imgur.com/a/6SrtkRu

It was a very spur of the moment, spontaneous sort of decision while visiting one of my best friends (so I felt relatively good at the time). But I do remember seriously thinking, "what's the point of this? I'm going to look the same tomorrow, and next week too." Spoiler alert: I DID. I did look the same the week after!! But one week snowballed into another, taking care of myself adds up, and now I DON'T look the same at all. How can I look at this and think that I do, that I've made no progress since then? Objectively, it's a flat-out lie.

I still don't like taking pictures. But I think it's important to recognize the value of them and the useful tool they can be. You are your own worst critic, but think of yourself as a work in progress...who you are now is NOT what you are going to be a year down the road. I have the proof.

submitted by /u/jennb013
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3egw5kK

No comments:

Post a Comment