Tuesday, July 20, 2021

2.5 years since it started - Update to: My weightloss journey down 18 kg (40 lbs)

M40 174cm (5 feet 8 inches) 69kg (152 lbs) I made a post a year and some months ago here describing my weight loss journey, what worked for me, a bit of advice gathered from what I've read and experienced, that kind of thing, and promised myself I would make an update at some point, which is what this is.

Almost a year and a half later and ... well ... nothing's changed. I look the same I did when I took the progress pic linked in the previous post, with maybe a bit more muscle definition but nothing major. I plan to have another DEXA scan at some point and adjust based on the numbers. I still, sometimes, count calories but when I get tired of it I just eat intuitively, I kind of know how my day should be after two and a half years. I still hover between 66 and 69 kg (145 and 152 lbs) and I still rock climb (a lot), in the local climbing gym or at some crags around my area with the wife. I still enjoy how I look and now have proof that this is sustainable for me. I weigh in everyday and in the periods when I try losing some more fat, I shoot for 1500 cals per day, but usually end up over if it gets too annoying and/or distracting. On periods I try to optimize energy output I go at maybe around 2500, or whatever feels good for the day or I just don't count and try to go for "not hungry" if that makes sense, but not over doing it. I still plan cheat days on occasions, after some time eating at deficit, but those have gotten rarer.

Nothing else, really, so keep up the great work and all the best. I'm rooting for everyone to get to their goals and finding their balance.

submitted by /u/alex7071
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3eErVTs

No comments:

Post a Comment