Monday, July 5, 2021

6 Tips That Helped Me Lose Weight

I am not perfect in any way. These are just a few of the things I focused on to lose weight. Take what you want, leave what you don’t.

#1 - Internal Motivation:

I had to find something deep within myself to keep me motivated. Surface-level things weren’t cutting it. I had to peel back the layers, like an onion, to discover my TRUE MOTIVATION. Once I knew what that was, I was focused, disciplined, and on a mission to succeed.

#2 - My Macros:

I learned quickly that not every nutrition plan is going to work for everybody. Cookiecutter plans don’t take into account your body’s unique makeup and personal needs. It took me a while, but I did learn how to determine my resting metabolic rate based on my weight and body fat percentage. From there, I was able to customize my macronutrients for weight loss. I highly recommend learning this process. I’ll tell you why in step #5.

#3 Key Essential Nutrients:

After doing some more reading and research, I learned that our bodies need certain vital nutrients for healthy weight loss, and most of us don’t get enough of them (Vitamins, Minerals, Fiber, Water, Healthy Fats). After completing step #2 and looking at what I was eating, I realized I needed to fill in the gaps with a few supplements to get everything my body needed — getting the nutrients I was missing made a HUGE difference in my results. I started having more physical and mental energy, my digestion started improving, the time I needed to recover between workouts began to decrease, and my weight loss started to go much faster.

#4 Exercise:

Exercise for me was so difficult. Not because it was hard, but because I was so embarrassed and felt so out of place going into a gym (I got bulled one time for being the “fat guy” on the treadmill). SO… I had to make exercise enjoyable and comfortable. I started with at-home activities from YouTube. Then I found some awesome exercise video games. My main focus was to do my best for 30-45 minutes a day. Now that I've lost the weight, I'm enjoying Crossfit!

#5 Breaking Plateaus:

As your body changes, what worked 10, 8, 6, 4, or even 2 weeks might not work today. That is why it is so important to learn how to calculate your resting metabolic rate and calculate your macros. Those numbers will change as your body changes. If my weight or my body fat percentage weight down, I did not worry about this. When BOTH my weight and body fat percentage plateaued, I would re-evaluate my numbers and make changes.

#6 Find a coach who can teach you, not do for you:

After lots and lots of coaches and trainers telling me what to do, I got results, but I always relied on them, and I didn't want to have to be paying someone constantly. I eventually found a coach who took the time to TEACH ME how to do all this (KNOWLEDGE IS PRICELESS). Now, I can do it independently and don’t need to pay others to figure all of this out for me. I’m in control and know what to do to get the results I want to get, and I have!

I hope this helps! And again, take what you want, leave what you don't.

submitted by /u/FitCoachCarlos
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hkh0zK

No comments:

Post a Comment