Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Anxiety and Weight Loss

Hi everyone -

I’m looking to restart my weight loss journey, and have struggled in the past to keep the weight off. I’m a male who is currently 5’6” 220lbs and want to eventually get down to 165lbs.

I’ve been struggling over the past couple of years with anxiety and understanding how to handle it. It has been a struggle to stay motivated with weight loss. I’ve been seeing a therapist who has helped immensely, but sometimes I get these episodes where I can feel anxious out of no where. As part of the journey of getting my anxiety under control, I found that I have the markers present for the autoimmune disorder Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. My thyroid levels all seem to be normal as of now, so I don’t see why I should have any issues with losing weight at this time.

The last time I attempted to lose weight this year, I lost 8-10lbs (about 1.5lbs a week) relatively quickly within a month or so with dieting and exercise. I did notice that I struggle with caloric intake and what is appropriate. The dieting apps say I should be around 1500-1800 calories a day, but I’ve noticed if I eat around 1700-1800 a day, I’ll gain or maintain the weight. I’ve looked up my BMR and it says I should be at 1700 and I shouldn’t go any lower than that.

So with all of that being said… I have a few questions:

  • Is it possible to have a very slow metabolism even without having thyroid issues?

  • Is it possible to drastically increase your metabolic rate?

  • How do you know what are the right caloric limits for you?

For anyone else who deals with high stress or anxiety / depression:

  • How has this affected your weight loss, and what has helped you lose the weight?

  • How has anxiety or depression affected your weight loss?

submitted by /u/AnxietySucks1234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ywrySb

No comments:

Post a Comment