Saturday, July 10, 2021

Calories vs nutrition vs food weight - can someone explain?

Hello fellow redditers,

I have a question that I fail to find the answers to which was bugging me for quite a while now. For context, I'm a slightly overweight guy in my late 20s so weight loss and the methods to do so was something that I was looking into for a little now. I started working out, but my eating habits remained unchanged and I'm only seeing slight positive results so far (yet?).

The question that I want to ask you all is this - when people talk about weight loss and the way we eat, they usually compare healthy food vs junk food and I find that a little bit confusing. Earlier today I saw an article which was roughly called "How 1000 calories of healthy food looks compared to 1000 calories of junk food" and it got me thinking - calories is calories, right, so why does the food the we eat matters exactly? Moreover, if I'm getting 1000 calories by eating, say, 250 grams of "junk food", vs 400 grams of "healthy food", at the end of my meal I would be 150 grams lighter if I ate the junk food, right? Is the same concept not the reason why people use something like protein bars, to get a high amount of proteins while eating a relatively low quantity of food? Does such methods apply to general eating as well? For the sake of this let's just ignore the "fullness" aspect, even though it might be relevant somewhat.

I swear this isn't a troll question, I'm just generally confused how all of this works and I would like to find hear some definitive answers from someone who might have looked into this more than I have.

Thank you for any and all responses in advance.

submitted by /u/RyanLenox
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TVJerS

No comments:

Post a Comment