Friday, July 16, 2021

CICO for years, recovered from eating disorder, still can’t lose weight and losing hope

Note: I weigh all food, don’t eat back exercise calories, and walk about 7-8K steps daily.

I’m one of those people that has always been big. I first started dieting when I was 8 years old and never stopped - I never had a period where I “gave up” or “let myself go” I always was dieting and constantly trying to lose weight for the past 16 years.

Eventually I developed an eating disorder of course. Most recently, I developed binge eating disorder from overly restricting calories to 1200 - saw no results for a year since the binges ruined it all. Cannot explain how mentally devastating that was.

Recovered from that and finally started losing weight at an incredibly slow pace. Finally got down to my lowest, went to visit family for 2 weeks, continued to count calories and gained 10 pounds. This is not the first time I’ve gained 10 pounds in 2 weeks while counting calories. That was 2 months ago and I am at the EXACT same weight, no weight loss at all, still counting calories weighing food and walking minimum 7K steps in the heat.

I started having pretty extreme hair loss (bald on one side of head) and lethargy and went to get my thyroid checked. Doctor dismissed me as one of those “fat logic” cases and did the thyroid test but refused to explain the results to me. From what I could Google, my levels seemed normal.

Anyway, where do I go from here? I think I’m addicted to dieting - the thought of actively eating more than 1200 calories gives me anxiety bc I’ve forced myself into that for 2 years. But I see no results. I gain seemingly impossible amounts of weight in very short periods of time and am struggling immensely. No idea what to do next.

I know 100% that CICO works but something is missing or wrong here.

submitted by /u/eurisa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36FjNxB

No comments:

Post a Comment