Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Could losing too quickly have damaged muscle in my abdomen and chest? Or is my body just struggling to adjust?

I’m 23F, 5’3”, currently around 165lbs. I’ve lost 110lbs from January 2020 until May 2021 (and now been maintaining/losing very slowly for the past 2 months. I need and want to lose more, but have been taking somewhat of a break.)

I can tell from looking at and feeling my body that I’ve lost virtually all of my visceral fat. It seems like pretty much all of my remaining excess weight now is subcutaneous fat and skin. (I have way more loose skin than I expected, especially on my upper abdomen, even more so than my lower abdomen.) The first few months of weight loss, I was good about counting macros and getting plenty of protein, and I was able to do strength training at a gym in summer 2020 before relocating for school to a city when gyms were closed down and heavily restricted for most of the past year or so. So, I wasn’t doing any kind of strength training/resistance workouts (and I was barely walking even a few hundred steps per day), and I know that my protein intake was extremely low. My calories were also usually a good bit lower than general guidelines call for.

I’ve been feeling super weak in my abdomen/core for the last few months, and now also in my lower chest/upper abdomen. It just feels like those muscles are constantly strained/overworked to the point that it’s hard to use them for everyday functions (e.g. maintaining a decent posture, bending and lifting things, etc.). When I stand straight for awhile or walk around for exercise for awhile, I almost kind of feel like my whole core and torso are just lacking support for my body, or like some of my muscles/organs inside my body don’t feel very supported (like a feeling of heaviness/strain, not pain).

I’m going to be getting some tests that my doctor ordered, but I’m wondering if anybody has had or known of any similar experiences? My doctor said it might just be from having this heavy loose skin, but I feel like something is off with my muscles too, maybe from losing muscle mass while I was also losing fat. I’m much more active now, but I still feel the weakness and heaviness inside my whole torso while standing or being active, which doesn’t exactly make it easy to try and build muscle now.

Any and all advice is appreciated (except for telling me to go to a doctor, because I already have and am waiting to follow up with them).

submitted by /u/enigmaticowl
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xKezfY

No comments:

Post a Comment