Monday, July 12, 2021

Down 50 lbs - feeling not great about it

Like the title says as of Saturday I'm down 50 lbs. I started at pretty high weight so I'm really not seeing any difference in the mirror and I'm too embarrassed to share with my boyfriend or friends how much weight I've lost because I still have a ways to go and I just... don't want to admit to what my start weight was. It's hard for me to say "I need to lose over 200 lbs" but that's the case.

I'm not feeling like I'm going to quit... in fact I'm more motivated than ever. I'm just sad that I feel like I've made all this progress and I'm not seeing the results I want to see. I read a post earlier that losing weight will not fix your body image, and I think that's true--my self worth is something I'll need to work on separately and am working on with a therapist.

I also wish I could celebrate my weight loss and share it with people, but the shame spiral really stops me from doing so.

Anyone else feel ashamed to share their weight loss story or talk about hard numbers (what they've lost, what they've got to lose, where they started, etc)?

submitted by /u/NoBunIntended214
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i0jeUh

No comments:

Post a Comment