Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Help I’m stuck! 90lbs down and 35 to go

First off let me say that I understand my weight loss methods have been unconventional to this point. In mid 2019 I was 306 lbs when I visited the doctor. I love to eat, and have since I was a little kid, and while I understood that abs are built in the kitchen, I didn’t care about getting abs so I kept eating whatever I wanted but I DRAMATICALLY increased my activity levels. I started by simply walking for 3-4 hours a day, once I dropped to around 250ish I started jumping rope and lifting weights and I flew down to 220 in a little less than 2 months. I now do an intense workout 5 days per week for roughly 45 minutes followed by 45 minutes of cardio. This is in addition to walking for 3 hours every evening, rain or shine (I enjoy it) I hit 220 About a month ago things slowed down substantially which I expected, so I decided for the first time to start tracking calories. I was eating on average about 3800 calories per day and my net deficit was roughly 400. I dialed my calories down to 2100, stayed absolutely consistent with my workouts (only thing that suffered from the deficit are my lifts by around 10%) and my weight loss has slowed to a crawl. Last week for example, my deficit for the week was roughly 8000 calories, and I lost 1/4 pound. My food scale is accurate, my energy expenditure is calculated by hand and compared with my apple watch and then I slash those totals by 20%. My body fat percentage is 27-28% and I am 211.8 lbs as of this morning. I am not suffering from any muscle soreness or anything else that would indicate temporary fluid retention. I am totally at a loss. I enjoy the working out which is why it’s easy for me to keep the deficit up, and honestly I would rather increase the workouts than cut calories any further, and if I can maintain at 3500-3800 versus lose 1 pound a month at 2100 I may just say screw it and stay chubby :( It just feels like running a marathon and getting stuck at mile 23 or 24. Anyone have any experience like this and eventually overcome it?

Edit: also forgot to mention I do track sodium intake etc so no unexpected water retention due to diet

submitted by /u/Poopman_69
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3B7jdqv

No comments:

Post a Comment