Friday, July 16, 2021

High body fat, but also high muscle mass

31 F / 188 pounds / 5’4”

Hi all! I have checked my biometrics and it looks like I have high body fat % (35%) but also a lot of muscle (51%). My app shows I’m in the high range for muscle rate and mass. This seems accurate as I feel pretty active and strong (I exercise regularly) but at the same time have struggled to lose weight in the past even though I’m regularly exercising. Ive essentially been maintaining my weight in the last few years but am looking to really lose weight this year and be more structured about my diet.

I have begun calorie counting to achieve a deficit (1200 - 1400 calories), cutting bad carbs/sugar, and increasing protein and lost about 4 pounds in the last month. While I’m happy about that I was hoping to lose more.

I’m wondering if my high muscle mass is preventing a slower weight loss progress at all? Has anyone else experienced this? Or tips/recs? Thanks!

submitted by /u/No_Adhesiveness6811
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kohOpv

No comments:

Post a Comment