Thursday, July 8, 2021

How do I stop comparing my weight loss journey to my friend?

hi everyone ! for some context i’ve been on the heavier side of the scale for a majority part of my life and so has my friend in the past, this is something we bonded over and motivated each other to lose weight i ended up losing a lot of weight in 2018 and then i ended up gaining it all back (and some more) in these past couple of years i believe that i am at my heaviest right now (200 lbs as a 22y/o female) and i don’t like it i’m not sure if i like it because of the way i’ve been raised (my therapist pointed out that i’ve probably have a lot to phobia around being fat and other fat people because of the way i was raised) or because i ACTUALLY want to do something about it

nevertheless, i want to lose the weight. and i’m head strong about that. however, the same friend recently underwent gall bladder surgery and has lost a TON of weight she’s also started watching what she eats and working out and posts her stories quite often on social media this is sometimes the first thing i see in the morning and get very demotivated.

how do i stop comparing my journey to hers?

submitted by /u/itsnunnyabusiness
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3AH7JJW

No comments:

Post a Comment