Saturday, July 10, 2021

how the FUCK did i eat this way EVERY day

Had a cheat day today. Just hit one weight loss deadline (for a betting pool) and the next one is as far away as it will ever be and I had this box of mac and cheese in my cupboard that's been making me anxious, so I had that as my main meal. Then I had some calories left so I went to Walgreens and got two candy bars and ate them while sitting in my car in the parking lot. Later in the evening I *technically* had some calories left that I could eat and still be in a deficit (I am very very fat right now). So I got a "small" tub of freshly popped Chicago style popcorn mix from Pick n Save and also ate most of it while sitting in my driveway listening to a podcast. Bringing me to a total of roughly ~2400 calories for the day.

I cannot stress enough that this was not a binge. This was a calculated cheat day where I didn't even have an insane amount of calories. And I feel like shit, physically. (Mentally I'm fine with having done this.) Gassy all day, uncomfortably full but not truly satisfied, the mac and cheese wasn't even that good, almost shit myself during my walk, and ZERO desire to do this again tomorrow. One month ago this type of behavior represented a normal day, except that I also would have finished off the popcorn just because it was there and I was technically allowed to. I may have even congratulated myself for staying under 3000.

I also cannot stress enough how rarely I am hungry these days. I think my diet was just so devoid of nutrients for so long that my body's not even mad about the lower calorie intake. And it's definitely not mad about no longer feeling bloated and gross 24/7. Turns out for me, listening to my body and listening to my cravings are polar opposites.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

submitted by /u/teal_mc_argyle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xxUM3c

No comments:

Post a Comment