Sunday, July 11, 2021

How to maintain positive pandemic habits as the world goes back to “normal”?

Weirdly enough, during the pandemic, I did great with weight loss. Eating in for all meals helped me make better choices and track calories more accurately. The only fun thing to do with friends was walk or hike outside - so I walked daily! I wasn’t going to happy hour or dinners out so making healthy choices was pretty easy for me.

Now that the world is going back to “normal” I’ve put some of the weight back on, and I don’t know what to do. Suddenly, my daily exercise habit feels more stressful than it does relaxing (the way it felt during the pandemic), especially when I’m choosing between exercise, seeing friends, going to church, reading, practicing my guitar, and other self improvement activities. Exercise has an opportunity cost now - and I hate that.

I’ve also constantly been invited to happy hours and dinners out. This is just the way my friend group spends quality time together. Sometimes I’ll indulge and sometimes I’ll just drink sparkling water or something. But being at these activities constantly is exhausting my willpower. I definitely got distant from some friends during the pandemic and now I don’t want to decline invitations.

Basically: now that I have more demands on my time and competing priorities, it’s so much harder for me to prioritize my weight loss. Ha anyone else experienced this? Do you have any tips? Thank you in advance for any help.

submitted by /u/Most_Poet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3k7xsoV

No comments:

Post a Comment