Tuesday, July 13, 2021

I go to the gym, I gave up alcohol. Why can't I lose weight?

M 29 5'6 175. GW: 145.

I gained about 20 pounds in the first few months of the pandemic because I lost my active job, stayed home all day, ordered take out a ton and drank alcohol most nights. I finally started going to the gym again 5ish months ago and generally do a Push/Pull/Legs routine 3 days a week and then some occasional yoga. I use MFP to track calories and a month ago I started using a spread sheet so I can see that my average daily calories are 1,600-2,200, with a goal of 1,500. I've also cut out alcohol completely for the past 14 days.

Now after all that. I've lost 1 pound. I know Im getting stronger at the gym and I'm seeing some minor results, but its incredibly upsetting that I'm about 6 months in to my fitness/weight loss journey with no change. I really thought once I quit drinking then the pounds would fly off, like it was the one thing holding me back. Now I just dont know what else to do. I already think my calories make sense for a man who works out.

The only things I can think of that might change anything are -Maybe calorie counts are not accurate (i use a scale at home but eat out 2-3 times a week), - Maybe I need more protein (I get 90-100ish daily), -Maybe I just need to walk more.

I just dont understand what isnt working.

EDIT: I weigh in once a week and take a picture and measure my belly. I do feel better in general. But measurements havent changed.

submitted by /u/futurebro
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yWl3sk

No comments:

Post a Comment