Saturday, July 10, 2021

I have a food addiction!

26F, 5’2, 148lbs.

I used to be so petite! And I’m still short (obviously) and I still see clothes that would have fit the old me, and I’m consistently embarrassed that my mind hasn’t caught up with my “new and unimproved” body after like… 3 years of ticking upwards toward my current weight.

Anyways, I’ve been going to the gym at least 3x a week - usually 4 or 5 - for about a month, with varying degrees of intensity and time spent. I have cut out soft drinks, but haven’t committed to calorie counting, hoping/thinking/praying? that the changes I’ve made so far would give me the results I want. Spoiler alert: they haven’t.

So I decided tonight to start calorie tracking with an app and settled on Loseit. I started tracking my calories and even started thinking, there’s no way I’m eating that much - I should be losing weight, I didn’t even have coffee today! This app will prove that it’s not me, it’s a health condition sabotaging my weight loss, blah blah blah.

And then I logged the Chinese Buffet that I had this afternoon. I was having a bad day and went to the gym anyways so I “treated myself” but didn’t even eat that much, less than I usually do at the China Buffet. And I still logged 2400 calories for the day. No special occasion, nothing that I recall wanting badly enough to “splurge” for.

No wonder I am at my highest weight! I am probably eating 3000 calories on days when I really let loose. In fact, I’m hungry right now and if I had Oreos in the house right now I could probably eat another 300 calories in Oreos without a second thought.

Fuck. I am in for a long few weeks/months.

submitted by /u/clambrulee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3e54bHU

No comments:

Post a Comment