Thursday, July 1, 2021

I will keep on trying (again) | 31F, 5'5, CW 235, GW 160

About 10 years ago I lost 50lbs by counting calories and getting active (195 down to 145). I maintained it for about 5 years at a weight I was comfortable with, which was about 150-160. My lifestyle was very different back then though. I did not have a car and used public transit or bike 90% of the time, I was a fitness instructor after my weight loss, lived alone and in a neighborhood I felt comfortable walking or running outside.

However, once I moved, got a car, moved in with my partner, got an office job, stopped teaching fitness classes, and live in a area that isn't the best to walk around outside....slowly I found the weight coming on, and obviously COVID hasn't helped. I also work from home fulltime now, so it is sooo important that I build a healthy habits that fit my lifestyle as an adult vs. when I first successfully lost weight.

I can say despite gaining weight I've always tried to keep exercising 3x a week. It may not be as intense as I one did, but I enjoy spinning, HIIT, step aerobics, and circuit training.

As someone who is a health professional and absolutely understands the "math" behind losing weight it does disappoint me that I just can't get myself together mentally to reach my goals over the past 5 years. Now that the world is "opening up" again I really started to realize I have a growing anxiety of being around people because I am not comfortable in my body. This insecurity surrounding my weight has made me ambivalent about going out, attending events, taking vacations, etc. This worries me the most because I don't want to allow my quality of life to continue to decline, and miss out on creating memories because of my shame surrounding my weight and body image. I also would like to start a family in the next few years, and I am terrified of ever getting pregnant at this weight.

I've attempted to lose the weight many times for this "2nd" time around, but I think I may have found a strong WHY recently that goes beyond looking good for a friend's wedding. I just want to enjoy life to the fullest (even at the size I am now), because when I reflect on the past 5 years I can see that my weight is leading me into a life of seclusion and social deprivation.

Diet is my greatest struggle, as I am a compulsive snack-er. I don't drink sodas, rarely have alcohol, and I'm not out buying McDonalds and lattes! But I am the type to get a bag of popcorn and finish it all in one day. Or, have granola and eat 3 cups of it! Maybe even make a meal hoping to save left overs and just finish it all! My barriers are portion control, and simply eating as a hobby.

My goal weight is 160, I liked the way I looked at that size and it was reasonable to maintain back then.

This is plan:

  • Track on MyFitnessPal daily. The app put me at 1,222 calories to lose 2lbs a week.
  • Exercise for 30min 4-5x per week
  • Stop eating by 9pm
  • Every 6 weeks take a week long maintenance break and increase my caloric intake to 1,730. That way I can get used to eating at my maintenance level

I wish everyone much success in their journeys and I am happy to join the loseit community :-)

submitted by /u/MissionIndividual515
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/368byKe

No comments:

Post a Comment