Friday, July 9, 2021

Log your foods in advance

A while ago I finally decided to stop crunching the numbers in my head and installed myfitnesspal. And of course it made my life easier. I don't know why I'm sometimes so stubborn with things like this.

In any case, after realizing how simple it is I started log in my foods in advance when possible. Not necessarily first thing in the morning, but usually by lunchtime I'll know what I'm gonna be eating for the day. I do realize that isn't gonna be feasible for everybody and every day and some of you might already be doing it. But if you are counting calories and haven't tried this, I would say give it a shot. So far I haven't noticed any downsides to this (I'm sure you guys can come up with the exceptions). But -

Fall short of your daily calorie goal? Guilt free snacks or faster weight loss. Just yesterday I logged in my remaining lunch, snack and dinner at once. Daily total came in at 1300+ calories. Coincidentally I had 300 calories worth of ice cream left in the freezer, bringing me within 20 calories of my daily goal. Was that the healthiest thing to add there? Probably not. But food was enjoyed and deficit maintained.

Hit close to the goal? Neutral option, but at least I get some odd satisfaction of hitting my goal without necessarily really trying to.

Go over the goal? The good news is that I haven't actually eaten those things yet. Still plenty of time to make changes if necessary/wanted. Usually I don't really care if it goes over as long as it's not over my TDEE or really close it. I think the flexibility benefits me more in the long run, but it's always nice to have the option.

Hopefully this can benefit some of you, because it has helped me.

submitted by /u/Rzxsa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3kevK5t

No comments:

Post a Comment