Thursday, July 1, 2021

My duromine experience

The past two years have been hard for everyone and my way of dealing with stress/depression/anxiety/ptsd was mindless eating. It became a vicious cycle of get depressed, eat, feel bad, get depressed, eat. I was so embarrassed with how I looked, I haven’t always been the thinnest or healthiest looking person, however going from 90kg to 110kg in two years was a real wake up call for me. I am 171cm and was wearing size 18/20 clothing to try to hide my body.

In mid March I spoke to my doctor about what I could do, we decided to give duromine a try. I’d never used any prescription weight loss medication so I was a bit scared of the side effects. For the first three weeks I was on 15mg, then I was put on 30mg. I have a very high tolerance so I didn’t experience any extreme side effects: my energy levels were the same, sleep was unaffected, my mental state didn’t change and my heart rate was fine. I cut out mindless snacking and tried to stick to two meals. After two weeks I noticed that I wasn’t thinking about food as much and I wasn’t experiencing extreme hunger pangs. I also saw other people posting about losing 10kg within their first month on duromine so when I lost 6kg in my first month I felt disheartened. But I stuck to it. My logic was: I can stay the same weight/gain a few extra kilos or I can lose at least 15kg (any loss is better than no loss). After 6 weeks on duromine I was eating one big meal a day. I don’t exercise at all (occasionally I’ll forage in the forest) but I was still losing weight. My doctor was very impressed with my weight loss progress.

It is now the start of July and in total I have lost 25kgs! The past three and a half months have gone by easily and quickly, I feel like I am making healthy lifestyle changes and I want to stick to once I get off duromine.

I start the day off by taking my duromine the second I wake up, I incorporated it into my morning skincare regimen. Afterwards I have a sugar free energy drink which is under 25cal for 500ml (I know it’s not ‘healthy’ but coffee makes me throw up and upsets my stomach, tea doesn’t give me the kick I prefer). I usually get busy afterwards and don’t eat till dinner which is a green salad (spinach or mixed lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, capsicum, feta cheese, lemon juice for dressing) accompanied with some sort of protein (I am lazy so I usually eat a small can of tuna as there is no preparation needed and it’s cheap, alternatively I shred up lean chicken with no skin or stuffing from a rotisserie chook), and my ‘dessert’ is fresh fruit (if I’m lazy it’s just one large apple but if I want to spoil myself I can make a fruit salad with apple or pear, kiwi and a small banana). I try to stick to 1200 calories a day and log everything I eat so I have a personal record of what/how much to eat. If I want something different I make a mushroom, tomato and spinach omelette. Another thing that has helped: I eat much slower. Finishing a meal is not a race, I chew everything to experience and enjoy all the flavours. The only reason I mainly eat at night is because it helps me sleep, I know eating at night can have different results for other people. I enjoy how my skin and hair feel from my diet so I’ll try to stick to the fresh fruits and vegetables with lean protein as my dietary stable.

I went to the doctor last week for a fill blood test and the results came back completely normal except for my vitamin D (I have always had low vitamin D regardless of how much time I spend in the sun), but I was given a one time shot of super concentrated Vitamin D oil (ingested internally) which should last me the next three months. I personally don’t feel any different and to me andI think that I look the same. However, clothes and scales don’t lie, so that’s reassuring. My personal goal is to weigh less than 75kgs (10kgs left to lose but I won’t be mad if I lose more).

If you aren’t sure if duromine will help, speak to your doctor about it (some antidepressants and duromine should not be taken together). Duromine isn’t going to fix everything and doesn’t speed up the metabolism, however it helps in suppressing the hunger pains and helped me make healthier long term life style changes.

(Sorry if this post isn’t broken up into paragraphs, my phone seems to get rid of all the spaces I put and I don’t know how to fix it!)

submitted by /u/Skimpky_Boi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xcp77l

No comments:

Post a Comment