Sunday, July 11, 2021

my first proud weight loss moment!!

(warning that I talk about eating habits and mention disordered eating)

I posted about 2 weeks ago so this might sound familiar to some of you, but I grew up surrounded by toxic fad diet culture and being forced into things like teen weight loss camp at 14 etc., which gave me a negative view toward intentional weight loss. It wasn't until 3 weeks ago when I had a routine medical checkup for my resident visa since I live abroad, and realized that I weighed quite a bit more than I thought (347lbs when I thought I was about 300).

This motivated me for the first time ever to lose weight by my own choice. I haven't been doing anything wildly different yet (I'm waiting until I can get a vaccine to join a gym) but I bought a scale and I've just been watching what I eat and trying to stay below 1500 calories (but not really actively counting, just kinda ballparking because I worry that I think I'm very succeptible to get into a disordered eating cycle given my upbringing and mental cycles I catch myself in, so I'm trying to just be reasonable about it and control my eating, rather than count it to the exact number. Just my approach to keep myself healthy). I still eat things that I like, but I just do it in moderation as opposed to before when I'd eat whatever I wanted and as much as I wanted.

So far it's been just over 3 weeks since the appointment and 2 weeks since I ordered the scale and in total I've lost 5 and a half pounds! This is the first time in my life that I've felt actually proud of myself for losing weight!

submitted by /u/throwaway1184756
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3xBi7Rk

No comments:

Post a Comment