Sunday, July 11, 2021

"Eventually the cravings end and it's just normal!"

What a load of shit.

I've been told things like this my entire life. "You need more discipline" "you're just lazy" "you're probably just not getting the right vitamins" etc etc etc.

I've tried it all. And for long periods of time. Nothing sticks.

Until I got learned about ADHD.

Y'all. My food was my dopamine. Without it I was missing a LOT of dopamine. None of these techniques help with that. None of it.

The only way I have successfully lost weight is to obsess about it. The second that obsession stopped bringing joy I dropped it. My last weight loss spree lasted 6+ months. I lost my obsession ~4 months in but managed to keep it up for another 2 months. I lost 50lbs. I dropped 2 dress sizes. I got tons of compliments and support.

I counted calories, didn't restrict too much, counted macros, exercised per my body limitations, occasionally ate none healthy food to have some balance. And I still failed even after it was "just a part of my life now". Cause I needed more regular dopamine.

I'm fucking pissed off. I thought for 29 years that I was "just" missing something. Some secret. The secret was fucking dopamine.

I'm getting it now through medication. The side effect of no appetite is gone and I'm still perfectly okay with eating like a normal person would. I'm losing weight just by making the decisions I've spent hours and hours and hours researching. "Oh I'm not done but I'm full? Then I'm done" but with no dread or fear that I'll regret that decision later.

I am now trying to fix my habits. I still go to order 4 burgers from McDonald's before I remember I wouldn't want more than 1.5 of them at most. But that's something I can actually tackle now.

Fucking.pissed.off

submitted by /u/HammockSwingin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3r4Xhax

No comments:

Post a Comment