Monday, July 12, 2021

NSV — No weight loss yet but feeling different

As the title says, I haven’t really lost much weight in the last few months since deciding that I want to make a change. For reference I am a 5’2” female weighing 157, so I’m overweight/borderline obese. From the span of October 2020 to February 2021, I gained 15 pounds. However, as the new year began, I realized that I wasn’t happy with my weight, but I had to acknowledge how much work it would take to change my habits. Since the end of April, I’ve played around with intermittent fasting, calorie counting, and adjusting my macros and I have finally found a routine that works for me. I also have cut out eating out as much as possible, which was definitely a huge contributor to my weight gain. My current strategy is eating more fruits, veggies, and protein, plus less meat and less calorie dense foods in addition to 3-4 strength training workouts a week.

As much as I want to lose weight, I’ve been learning not to focus too much on the number on the scale. My weight has obviously fluctuated but remained the same on average for the last few months, which at first was slightly discouraging but now it doesn’t bother me as much. I have lost a few inches off my waist, and my clothes are starting to fit better than they used to. The strength training has me feeling so much stronger and confident, plus I can see muscle growth in my legs. As much as I want to rush the weight loss by cutting my calories to 1200, I know that it isn’t quite feasible for me right now and I want to maintain consistency in the good habits I have developed so far. This just goes to show that there is always more going on behind the number on the scale, and everyone’s journey is different when it comes to changing our bodies.

submitted by /u/pharma_sis01
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36yuT7i

No comments:

Post a Comment