Monday, July 12, 2021

NSV- I think I finally felt my stomach give a satiety signal to my brain

It’s only been just over a week since I started my weight loss journey but I’ve been so used to stuffing myself till I’m full, that noticing a feeling like this motivates me further and ensures I’m on the right track to forming healthier habits.

Today I made a meal which consisted of rice and chicken with a few veggies. Towards the end of my meal I felt this completely new feeling which I realised must be my stomach telling my brain I’ve had enough food to feel satisfied. Usually, I would eat so fast I wouldn’t have time to feel this way or see that there’s just a few bites left and eat the rest because why waste the rest or put it away since there’s so little?

Today I waited a minute after feeling this way and realised this is what it must feel like to listen to my body and stop once I am satisfied with the amount of food I’ve consumed.

I packed the rest away, since I plan to eat the same meal again tomorrow, I can just add the leftovers to that and make sure I add less to my plate next time as I’m beginning to understand how much I actually need to eat.

I managed to do this by eating slower. Normally I would take a mouthful and immediately start making another spoonful. I was so focused on my next bite, I never spent any time enjoying the food that was already in my mouth. Now I’ve started to take smaller bites, chew my food more and put my fork/spoon down between bites. I also try to take more sips of water between bites too.

I hope sharing this motivates me on the days I struggle and shows me that I’m on the right track.

submitted by /u/some-one-on-this
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3r8GljM

No comments:

Post a Comment