Monday, July 12, 2021

Starting at 375 and 325, How to Start?

Hey Loseit,

I'm on a throwaway right now, but I'm a dedicated Loseit member who's went from 260lbs to 160lbs a few years ago. I'm back today because 2 of my close friends, who are 375lbs and 325lbs respectively, came to me over the weekend and asked me to help them lose some weight. They'll be joining me in the gym this upcoming week, and I couldn't be more proud of their decision.

Buuuuuuut that being said, I'm hoping to get some advice on how I can get them started on losing weight safely. I was not near that weight when I started and had an athletic past (I got to 260 because I had a career ending injury and I did NOT react well to that at the time), but both of my buddies do not have that experience. I feel like 325 and 375 might require different methods for success, especially because I do not want them to get injured.

After thinking it through for a day or so, my best guess was to have them walk on treadmills at the start while documenting their calorie intake (without changing their diet much) so we can get a baseline - maybe for 2 weeks or so? That way we know what they can do and where we can make cuts in their diet. From knowing them, my guess is they intake about 3000 calories a day, so I think it's reasonable to get them down to 2500 for a few months and then drop it further to the normal 2000 as the weight starts falling off. After mastering walking and hopefully losing some weight, my next plan was to start them on some light elliptical stuff so they can get more cardio without risking injury.

Hopefully this isn't coming off as judgmental in any way, they straight up asked me to serve as their guide and trainer for their weight loss so I'm trying to get a plan together for the next 2-3 months. I'm just not experienced at that weight class, and I really don't want them to get injured or do something for a session or two and then stop. If anyone has any experience or advice on a good starting plan for someone at that weight, I'd be super appreciate cause I want to be prepared for when we hit the gym later this week.

For full context: One person is 30, M, 5'9" 375lbs. The other is 30, F, 5'7" 325lbs.

Thank you Loseit :)

submitted by /u/HelpingBuds
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hvRjwq

No comments:

Post a Comment